Sooners name starters
Oklahoma released its projected starters on Monday for Tuesday’s exhibition opener against British Columbia.
G: Tommy Mason-Griffin, freshman
G: Willie Warren, sophomore
G: Tony Crocker, senior
F: Ryan Wright, senior
F: Tiny Gallon, freshman
Though coach Jeff Capel has been publicly non-committal about how much impact Mason-Griffin and Gallon could have right away, for them to be starting this early in the season says plenty.
Capel said junior forward Orlando Allen’s conditioning was not where he wanted it, but expect him to get some quality minutes spelling Gallon and Wright. Against British Columbia, a lot of players could get a lot of minutes, but anyone who shows up to the Lloyd Noble Center on Tuesday night should get a good, long look at Oklahoma’s new pair of McDonald’s All-Americans.
British Columbia has seen another memorable Sooner debut. In his first game, former Sooner Blake Griffin scored 21 points and grabbed 11 rebounds against the Thunderbirds in 2007.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients