Sam to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated
For the second time, Sam Bradford will be Sports Illustrated’s cover boy.
Bradford is the focus of the magazine’s preview of the NFL Draft, which will begin with the first round Thursday night.
The headline is “Call To Arms: Franchise QBs are there for the taking — and Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford tops the list.”
SI senior writer Damon Hack talked with the former Sooners star about surgery on his highly scrutinized throwing shoulder, the ensuing three-month layoff and his drive to prove that he has what it takes to carry an NFL franchise.
Even as he got stronger and tightened his footwork, Bradford was thinking about his shoulder. He’d exchanged text messages and phone calls with the Saints’ Drew Brees and the 49ers’ Alex Smith—two quarterbacks who’d undergone similar procedures with (Dr. James) Andrews—but he couldn’t know if he’d heal with the same success. As he put on weight (about 13 pounds of muscle), he still wondered what the 10- and 12-hour days would lead to. ‘The whole time you’re doing rehab, you’re just thinking, I hope this pays off,’ Bradford, 22, says.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients