Stoops interested in Notre Dame?
Every year, it seems, Bob Stoops is connected to another job.
Last winter, that job was the Denver Broncos, who were reportedly interested in Stoops to replace Mike Shanahan. But quickly, that fizzled and Denver hired New England Patriots offensive co-coordinator Josh McDaniels.
This year, the job in question is Notre Dame.
From the Chicago Sun Times today:
If athletic director Jack Swarbrick decides (Charlie) Weis’ Notre Dame career is over after his fifth season, a source said Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz will be in the mix to replace him. The source said Stoops has told confidants he would be interested in talking to the Irish.
Stoops would be a good fit at Notre Dame for a number of reasons. He’s Catholic, and he knows the area, growing up in western Ohio, which is in the middle of Notre Dame’s traditional recruiting base.
But Florida, a plum job, couldn’t lure Stoops away from Norman a few years ago.
Could Notre Dame?
If any college job could, maybe Notre Dame is the one.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients