OU football No. 1
The Oklahoma Sooners are No. 1
At least according to one college football preseason ranking.
Phil Steele’s College Football Preview, one of the major annual preseason college football magazines, ranks OU No. 1.
That’s right, No. 1.
The rest of Phil Steele’s Top 25:
2. Ohio State
6. Boise State
13. Va. Tech
16. Notre Dame
18. Penn St.
20. Florida State
21. South Carolina
22. West Va.
Clearly, Phil Steele’s people are going out on a limb on this one. The Sooners will be better next season.
With QB Landry Jones being more seasoned, an offensive line boasting better depth and added playmakers at receiver, maybe even much better.
But No. 1?
Will all due respect to Phil Steele (which puts out a very informative magazine) and to the Sooners, Alabama, which brings back several starters from last year’s title team, is deserving of the No. 1 ranking.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients