Report: Trent Williams out for Bedlam
The word is now that starting left tackle Trent Williams could be held out of Saturday’s game with Oklahoma State due to some kind of head injury he suffered in practice this week.
KFOR-TV reported tonight that Williams would be out with a mild concussion, although some people are saying that the head injury wasn’t that serious and that he still could play.
But if Williams indeed can’t go, that would be a catastrophic blow to a Sooner offense reeling from a pitiful performance last weekend at Texas Tech.
The big question now becomes, who replaces Williams, if all this is true?
One of two options the Sooners have left is to slide Cory Brandon over from RT to LT, bump RG Stephen Good over to RT, and insert Tavaris Jeffries or Tyler Evans into the starting lineup at RG.
The Sooners should be fine at guard. Both Jeffries and Evans have started this year.
But tackle? That’s another story.
Brandon has no game experience at LT. Good has no game experience period at tackle.
Which is why the Sooners may start tight end Eric Mensik, who has been playing some at tackle in late in games the last couple weeks, at RT and shift Brandon over to LT.
Whatever they chose, the Sooners have a major hole if Williams can’t play. OSU’s defensive ends are much improved this year, and already were expected to challenge OU’s protection on the corner.
This is the kind of injury that could alter the outcome of the game.
It’s been a crazy season for OU with injuries.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 3741Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 3534Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 3461Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients