Report: Texas announcement to come Tuesday
The University of Texas will announce its plans to join the Pac-10 after its Board of Regents meet next Tuesday, a source confirmed to Orangebloods.com.
The regents meeting will take place at 11 a.m. in Ashbel Smith Hall in downtown Austin, according to the Austin American-Statesman.
A brief agenda item for the meeting reads: “Discussion and appropriate action regarding athletic conference membership.”
Texas is expected to be joined by Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. Colorado has already accepted an invitation to the Pac-10.
The final school remains up in the air. Texas A&M, which has the final Pac-10 invite, is considering a jump to the SEC. If the Aggies wait too long to decide, the Pac-10 could move on to another school, possibly Kansas.
A Pac-16 could begin competition as soon as 2011.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients