Who said “fluke?”
Moments after Saturday’s victory, OU QB Sam Bradford told ABC sideline reporter Lisa Salters the Sooners were motivated by statements made by Missouri players calling OU’s last two wins over the Tigers “flukes.”
What statements was Bradford referring to?
Hard to say.
An exhaustive search returned zero bulletin-board material coming from Missouri coaches, players or media last week. Plenty of comments came from south of the Red River and from the national media about Texas being more deserving than OU of the Big 12 title game.
But nothing from Columbia. Not even from quarterback Chase Daniel, who has a history of providing bulletin-board comments.
Perhaps the Sooner coaches and players had access to information the public did not. Or perhaps Bradford was confused with last year. Or perhaps something was passed around the locker room containing quotes that weren’t actually said. Or perhaps I just haven’t found what Bradford was referring to.
Whatever happened, it worked as OU rolled 62-21.
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6440Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5651Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5121Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients