MSU officials in KC?
Mississippi State athletic director Greg Byrne, who is looking for a head football coach, got out of a private plane that was in Kansas City, Mo., for 27 hours last weekend while the Oklahoma Sooners were in town for the Big 12 Championship.
The Clarion-Ledger reported Byrne and associate athletic director Scott Stricklin stepped off the jet Monday evening in Starkville, Miss., where Mississippi State is located.
According to flightware.com, the plane, a Cessna Citation twin jet, flew to Kansas City on Friday and returned to Starkville Saturday night.
The same jet left Starkville Monday morning and landed in Dallas’ Love Field, returning Monday evening. That’s when Byrne was spotted getting off the plane.
It’s unknown if Byrne was in Kansas City. But the plane he used to go to Dallas was.
What does this all mean?
Perhaps Byrne was in Kansas City to meet with Sooner offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson, who is rumored to be up for the job. Perhaps the interview went well and Byrne met with Wilson again in Dallas on Monday.
Wilson has coordinated an offense that has scored 702 points this season, the first time a team has broken the 700-point barrier since 1904.
Last year, Wilson spoke with officials from Southern Mississippi, but he decided not to formally interview for the job.
The year before that, Iowa State showed interest in Wilson, but he didn’t want to interview during the regular season. The Cyclones moved on and hired Gene Chizik.
Byrne has been searching for a coach since Sylvester Croom resigned this year after the Bulldogs finished 4-8.
Wilson hasn’t been the only assistant linked to the Mississippi State vacancy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients