Injured Giants draftee Chad Jones a high school teammate of Frank Alexander
By now you’ve probably heard about Chad Jones, the former LSU player and New York Giants draft pick who was involved in a serious car accident Friday in New Orleans.
Jones was a high school teammate of University of Oklahoma defensive end Frank Alexander.
Jones and Alexander both attended Southern Laboratory School in Baton Rouge, La. where they both were all-state selections. Jones originally attended St. Augustine High School in New Orleans but after Hurricane Katrina he evacuated to the Southern Lab School. Jones played football at LSU and was a relief pitcher on the 2009 LSU baseball team that won the College World Series.
Another former Southern Lab player and former NFL player Chuck Wiley was running a football camp at Alexander and Jones’ alma mater when he heard the news.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients