Stoops, Harbaugh get to know each other
When OU coach Bob Stoops boarded a flight from Houston to El Paso for a scheduled Sun Bowl press conference today, he saw a familiar face.
It was Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh.
“We we had a chance to talk for a couple of hours. … It was fun to get to know a quality guy,” Stoops said.
Today was also Stoops’ first ever trip to El Paso. He admitted earlier this week he had never been to the border city before.
This will also be a new experience for Harabugh, who has never coached in a bowl before.
“We’re in the process of building our program back up to its rightful legendary status in college football,” Harbaugh said today. “Oklahoma is strong in a lot of areas. They are strong in areas we’re weak in, and they are strong in areas we’re strong in.”
For more coverage of today’s press conference, visit the El Paso Times’ Sun Bowl blog.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients