OU-BYU in 2009?
Brigham Young athletic director Tom Holmoe told reporters Wednesday that he’s close to finalizing BYU’s 2009 schedule.
Will that include playing Oklahoma in the new Dallas Cowboys stadium in Texas in a season-opener?
“I think everybody knows that when I am working with scheduling, I don’t want to announce anything, or say anything out there until it is done,” Holmoe told The Salt Lake Tribune. “Right now, it is pretty obvious there are a lot of things that are going on. It is not that I have been trying to keep anything from the fans or the press or anything, but we are very close to solidifying a change.
“People can speculate and put two and two together….I just said things are getting close. You may be able to piece together the puzzle, but I just won’t say anything.”
OU’s is looking for two 2009 non-conference opponents. The Sooners already are scheduled to play Tulsa in Norman and Miami at Dolphin Stadium.
By Jake Trotter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients