Report: Cam Newton decision delayed
The Cam Newton saga continues.
A recruiting site for Mississippi State reported Tuesday that Newton’s decision has been delayed. The site quotes Newton’s father as saying the announcement, which had previously been set for Thursday, won’t happen until the end of the week at the earliest.
This news can only be good for Oklahoma, one of three schools Newton is believed to be considering along with Auburn and Miss. St. He has taken officials to all three campuses.
However, a report by a college recruiting affiliate site of ESPN.com reported earlier this week that Newton had eliminated OU from consideration, was going to make an announcement Thursday and was strongly leaning toward Auburn. Of course, the site that reported that was affiliated with Auburn. So who knows what to believe.
A delay could mean that Newton needs more time to choose between Miss. St. and Auburn. But it could also mean that OU is back in the picture.
Until Newton makes a decision, we won’t know. But as long as he remains undecided, you have to believe OU is still in the picture.
In other recruiting news, No. 1 wideout Darius White is expected to announce his college intentions during Saturday’s Under Armour All-American game on ESPN.
At the outset of his recruiting, OU appeared to be his clear leader. But in the last few weeks, Oklahoma State has jumped into the picture along with Texas and LSU. It was believed that OU was out of the picture, when White canceled a visit to Norman to go to Stillwater instead. But White has told multiple recruiting outlets that OU remains in the mix.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients