Ex-Iowa Hawkeye RB to transfer to OU
Former Iowa running back Brandon Wegher has plans to transfer and walk-on to Oklahoma, Wegher told the Des Monies Register this afternoon.
Wegher, who didn’t play a down this year, set an Iowa freshman record in 2009 when he rushed for eight touchdowns. He also ran for 641 yards averaging 4.0 yards per carry. He added a 32-yard TD scamper in the 2010 Orange Bowl win over Georgia Tech.
Wegher left the squad soon after the start of this last season’s fall camp in August. Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz said at the time Wegher was dealing with some personal issues.
To see what kind of player he is, watch these YouTube highlights from Wegher’s freshman season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients