Brandon Carter decommits from OU
Euless Trinity star Brandon Carter told ESPNDallas.com on Tuesday night he is switching his verbal commitment from Oklahoma to TCU.
Carter, who had committed to OU last June, was decked out in TCU gear while watching the Trinity girls basketball team.
Carter said he has notified OU about his decision and plans to call TCU coach Gary Patterson with the news Wednesday.
Carter said one reason he changed his college destination was because of TCU’s desire to use him as a slot receiver. The Sooners had recruited Carter as a defensive back. Carter said TCU being close to home also impacted his decision.
“Mostly being closer to everyone and all my family and just the academics and the position I’m going to be playing at TCU, so that’s what made my decision,” he said.
Carter, a Rivals.com high school All-American, was a dynamic high school player as a receiver, quarterback and running back during Trinity’s run to two consecutive state championship games. The Trojans were undefeated this past season before falling to Pearland, 28-24, in the Class 5A Division I state title game. Trinity won the state championship in 2009.
With Carter’s defection, the Sooners now have 16 verbal commitments.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 23987Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16557Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 12972OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9141Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7938Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6910UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6756Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5658Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5332Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 5142Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients