Trey Metoyer update
Trey Metoyer’s father, David, told me today that, as of now, his son, arguably nation’s No. 1 WR who has committed to Oklahoma, has not qualified, “but is well on his way to qualifying.”
Metoyer is working on bringing up his ACT score, which is the only holdup.
Metoyer, rated the No. 1 wideout by Scout.com, is one of the highest-rated players to commit to OU in the Bob Stoops era.
The last three years at Whitehouse (Texas) High, Metoyer was dominant, finishing his senior season with 108 catches, 1,540 receiving yards and 23 touchdowns while leading Whitehouse into the playoffs.
Assuming he does qualify, Metoyer will be a monster addition next season to an already dangerous OU passing offense, and could eventually compete for a starting role at WR alongside Ryan Broyles and Kenny Stills.
For more, check out these highlights from Metoyer’s senior season:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 4151Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3884Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3305Record lottery prize is a powerful draw for Oklahomans
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients