Heupel, Norvell to receive raises today
Last month, Josh Heupel and Jay Norvell were promoted to co-offensive coordinators. Today, they’re up for raises.
Pending approval from the OU Board of Regents, who are meeting today in Oklahoma City, both Heupel and Norvell will see their salaries each increase to $330,000.
Previously as OU’s wide receivers coach and assistant offensive coordinator, Norvell was making $255,000. Heupel, OU’s quarterbacks coach last year, made $250,000.
Heupel’s predecessor, Kevin Wilson, who left his job as OU’s offensive coordinator to become the head coach at Indiana, was making $430,000.
Defensive coordinator Brent Venables remains OU’s highest paid assistant with a salary of $440,000.
Bruce Kittle, who filled the vacancy on the staff left by Wilson, will make $240,000 if his salary is approved by the regents. Kittle, who was the on-campus recruiting coordinator in 2010, joined the Sooner staff earlier this month as the tight ends and tackles coach.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 5743Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5628OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 5567Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients