CB Bennett Okotcha switches to Sooners
Various recruiting Web sites are reporting that Coppell, Texas, cornerback Bennett Okotcha has switched his commitment from Notre Dame to OU and will sign with the Sooners on Wednesday.
The 6-foot, 175-pound Okotcha is ranked the No. 98 overall prospect in Texas and the No. 64 cornerback in the country by Rivals.com. ESPNU ranks him the No. 50 cornerback nationally. Okotcha originally was committed to Wisconsin, then later pledged to the Fighting Irish. Among his other offers were Baylor, Minnesota and Wake Forest.
Okotcha’s verbal gives the Sooners 17 commitments for this class.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients