Paris signs with LA Sparks
Former OU All-American center Courtney Paris has signed a free agent contract with the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA. Terms were not disclosed.
Paris, 6-foot-4, joins her third WNBA team after being waived by Chicago during the 2010 preseason.
The seventh overall pick in the 2009 draft by Sacramento, Paris averaged 4.8 points and 4.1 rebounds in 33 games with the Monarchs two years ago. Her career high was 19 points against New York.
At OU, Paris compiled one of the most decorated careers in the history of women’s college basketball.
The first-ever, four-time AP first team All-American, Paris is the only player in U.S college basketball history, male or female, to score 2,500 points and grab 2,000 rebounds in a career. She also holds 20 NCAA Division I women’s records, including most career double-doubles.
In a press release, Sparks general manager Penny Toler was quoted: “Among our off-season goals was to get bigger and stronger in the paint, and Courtney certainly brings those attributes to the Sparks.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5647Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5641Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 5457Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients