Sooners make jersey changes
All six newcomers, including OU’s three early enrollees from the 2011 signing class, received jersey numbers Tuesday. Also, 11 current players changed jersey numbers.
* Sophomore linebacker Corey Nelson will go back to No. 7. He opened up last season wearing that number, but changed to 25 so he could play on special teams with DeMarco Murray.
* Jermie Calhoun is trading in No. 23 for No. 34. Wearing 23 next season will be hotshot freshman RB Brandon Williams.
* Freshman QB Kendal Thompson will not be wearing the same number his dad, Charles, did for the Sooners in 1980s. Kendal will be No. 11. Charles was No. 6.
Cayden Cochran – 7
Kendal Thompson – 11
Brandon Williams – 23
Brandon Wegher – 28
Londell Taylor – 48
Marquis Anderson – 77
Demontre Hurst – 19 to 6
Ben Sherrard – 11 to 6
Ryan Caro – 19 to 9
John Sosanya – 14 to 43
Justin McCay – 18 to 19
Jermie Calhoun – 23 to 34
Corey Nelson – 25 to 7
Aaron Franklin – 40 to 25
David Welchert – 37 to 36
David Driskill – 62 to 49
Torrea Peterson – 96 to 94
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients