Six Sooners earn All Academic honors
Six players on OU’s women’s basketball team were named to the 46-member 2011 All-Big 12 Women’s Academic Team.
The Sooners matched Kansas State for most in the conference.
Joanna McFarland, a sophomore majoring in chemistry/biochemistry, was the lone player from the conference to carry a 4.0 GPA. She was joined on the first team (3.20 GPA or above) by Whitney Hand, Jasmine Hartman, Danielle Robinson and Lauren Willis. Senior Carlee Roethlisberger was named to the second team (3.00-3.19 GPA).
Nominated by each institution’s director of student-athlete support services, the women’s basketball academic all-league squad consisted of 30 first team members and 16 on the second team.
To qualify student-athletes must maintain a 3.00 GPA or higher either cumulative or the two previous semesters and must have participated in 60 percent of their team’s scheduled contests.
Freshmen and transfers are not eligible their first year. Senior student-athletes who have participated for a minimum of two years and meet all the criteria except the 60 percent participation rule are also eligible.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients