Sooners sweep softball honors
The Sooners swept first week All-Big 12 softball honors. Catcher Jessica Shults was named Player of the Week. Keilani Ricketts was named Pitcher of the Week.
Shults, a sophomore, hit .632 with 12 hits, four doubles, four home runs, 15 RBIs and 15 runs scored to help OU start the season 5-1, highlighted by a win over No. 2 ranked Arizona.
Ricketts, also a sophomore, compiled a 3-0 record, striking out 27 in 16 innings, allowing only two earned runs. Ricketts held opponents to an .098 batting average and was the winning pitcher in OU’s 11-1 run-rule win over Arizona.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients