Davis on All-Academic team
Oklahoma senior gaurd Cade Davis was named to the 2011 Academic All-Big 12 Men’s Basketball Team, one of 12 total student-athletes recognized as a first-team selection, and one of 16 overall honorees.
First-team members have recorded a 3.20 or better GPA, while second-team honorees are those with a 3.00 to 3.19 GPA.
A human relations major from Elk City, Okla., Davis ranks second on the team in scoring (12.3 ppg), rebounding (5.0 rpg), assists (2.0 apg) and steals (1.0 spg). Davis also ranks third in the Big 12 with his 35.2 minutes per contest. He has made 166 career 3-pointers and needs four more to move into the top five on OU’s career list.
To qualify for the all-academic team, student-athletes must maintain a 3.00 GPA or higher (either cumulative or over each of the two previous semesters) and have participated in 60 percent of his team’s scheduled contests.
Freshmen and transfers are not eligible in their first year of academic residence. Seniors who have participated for a minimum of two years and meet all the criteria except 60 percent of participation are also eligible.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients