Texas-Texas A&M to join Bedlam in December?
Earlier this week, I mentioned the probability of Oklahoma-Oklahoma State, and at least one other game, being moved to the first week of December to give the Big 12 some pop without a championship game during the final week of the college football season.
That one other game could in fact be Texas-Texas A&M.
Texas prefers to keep its annual game against Texas A&M on Thanksgiving Day but has agreed to move the game to Dec. 3 “if it’s critical to the television deal,” a Texas source familiar with the talks told the American-Statesman. The source believes A&M feels similarly.
Staging the Big 12′s two biggest instate rivalries the first week in December would keep the the Big 12 in the national limelight and draw significant TV ratings, even while other conferences like the SEC, ACC and Big Ten would be playing their conference championship games.
Should the UT-A&M grudge match be shifted to December, neither team would presumably play on the Thanksgiving week.
However, in Oklahoma’s case, school officials are pushing to have a replacement Thanksgiving game if Bedlam is moved. OU has a tradition of playing Thanksgiving Weekend dating back to its storied rivalry with Nebraska.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients