Jarboe getting another chance
Remember Josh Jarboe, the former 4-star WR who lasted only a few weeks in Norman?
The 6-3, 195-pound Jarboe was dismissed from Oklahoma before ever playing a game after he was arrested on felony gun charges (later reduced to a misdemeanor via first-offender laws) and followed that by posting a controversial rap video on YouTube.
Jarboe transferred to Troy, where he was also dismissed for undisclosed team rules violations. He ended up at Northeast Mississippi Community College. Now, he’s at Arkansas State.
“I am just convinced that he has matured and wants to put that past him,” Arkansas State coach Hugh Freeze told The Jonesboro Sun. “I’ve never had a recruiting meeting like that before where a kid is as emotional, breaking down and crying just thinking that somebody is willing to listen to his story. We all have a past. He made a mistake, and he is the first to confess ‘I made a mistake.’ . . . It’s up to him to rewrite his story, and we want to help alongside of that.”
Perhaps if anyone can help Jarboe turnaround his life it’s Freeze. He was the high school coach in Memphis who helped Michael Oher (of The Blindside) succeed at Briarcrest Christian.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients