Robinson named Academic All-American
Oklahoma senior point guard Danielle Robinson was named to the Capital One Academic All-America Women’s Basketball Team announced Thursday by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
Robinson, who maintains a 3.50 GPA in sociology, was named to the second team and is the seventh OU women’s basketball player to earn the distinction of Academic All-American.
The senior from San Jose, Calif., leads the Sooners with 18.7 points and 4.8 assists per game. Robinson is also a Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award finalist and candidate for national player of the year honors, including the Naismith Trophy, Wade Trophy, Wooden Award and Nancy Lieberman Award given to the nation’s top point guard.
UConn’s Maya Moore led the first team as Academic All-American of the Year. Moore was joined by Erin Anthony (Army), Kathleen Berry (Columbia), Amanda Johnson (Oregon) and Liz Repella (West Virginia).
Robinson was joined on the second team by Angie Bjorklund (Tennessee), Jacqui Kalin (Northern Iowa), Kaihla Szunko (Central Michigan) and Jasmine Thomas (Duke).
The third team consisted of Jenna Barsokas (Lipscomb), Amanda Best (New Mexico), Rachel Clancy (Cal Poly SLO), Alyessa Karel (Wisconsin) and Kayla Tetschlag (Wisconsin-Green Bay).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients