Ellenberg honored again
Guard Aaryn Ellenberg earned the season’s final Big 12 Freshman of the Week honor, the fourth time this season the Las Vegas product has won the award.
Ellenberg paced OU in both games last week, scoring 23 points in a victory over Oklahoma State and 16 in loss at Texas Tech.
Ellenberg shot 50 percent from the field against the Cowgirls, hitting 8-of-16 shots, including 5-of-10 on 3-pointers. She added three assists and a steal as OU defeated its in-state rival for the eighth straight time and 24th in the last 25 meetings.
Against Texas Tech, Ellenberg kept OU in the game. She also matched a personal best with seven rebounds to go with two assists to just one turnover in 40 minutes on the court.
The freshman is just three 3-pointers shy of matching OU’s single-season record of 88 made by Erin Higgins in the 2005-06 season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients