Davis Player of the Week
OU senior guard Cade Davis was named the Big 12 Player of the Week after averaging 21.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists against Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
The 6-foot-5 Elk City product shot 51.7 percent from the field in the two games, including a win over OSU that helped the Sooners end an eight-game losing streak.
Last Wednesday at Texas Tech, Davis scored a game-high 21 points on 9-for-17 shooting. In the 64-61 win over OSU, Davis scored a game-high 22 points grabbed a team-high six rebounds and dished out three assists. He was 6-for-12 from the field and 10-for-13 from the free throw line while playing all 40 minutes.
Davis has scored in double figures in six straight games and has led the Sooners in scoring in each of the last five. During the five-game stretch, he is averaging 20.8 points and 5.2 rebounds while shooting 52.3 percent from the field and .722 from the foul line (26-for-36). Thirty-three percent of his free throw attempts on the year have come over the last five outings.
OU’s lone senior ranks fifth in school history with 176 3-point field goals. He needs 26 points to become the 37th Sooner to reach 1,000 career points.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5337Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4941Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4209Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients