Jeff Capel headed to Missouri to assist Frank Haith?
Missouri basketball fans upset with the hiring of Frank Haith might be just a bit happier today … but just a bit.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Tuesday that Haith will bring in former Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel as his lead assistant coach.
Mizzou fans were livid when reports came out late Sunday night that athletic director Mike Alden had hired Haith away from Miami.
Haith led Miami to a 129-101 record in seven seasons with four trips to the NIT and one to the NCAA Tournament — not exactly the most impressive résumé out there.
From Bryan Burwell’s Post-Dispatch column: “If there’s a shortcoming in (Haith’s) résumé it is his in-game coaching, but the good news is Haith is old enough and experienced enough to know what he doesn’t know. Several sources say that he is going to bring former Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel along as his top assistant. Capel has a good reputation in the business for his bench work and X’s and O’s.”
Maybe getting Capel AND Haith will help Mizzou fans get over the loss of Mike Anderson, who bolted for Arkansas.
Then again, maybe not.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients