Q&A with DE Frank Alexander
Senior defensive end Frank Alexander will finally be full-time starter on the OU defense, after spending the last two seasons as a part-timer.
After a promising sophomore campaign, Alexander regressed somewhat in 2010 as a junior. A preseason ankle sprain caused him to miss the opener; however, even after returning, Alexander was almost a non-factor the first half of the season.
But Alexander closed the year strong with eight tackles for loss and three sacks in OU’s final three games, and so far has had a banner spring camp. I spoke to him after Thursday’s practice:
Frank, how much are looking forward to this season, not having the kind of year last season you had hoped to have?
“I’m always looking to get better. I feel like I coulda did a lot more, just had a lot of issues last year. I’m ready to get out there and showcase my talent.”
You still had three huge games to close the year, did that give some momentum heading into the offseason?
“Oh yeah. By that time last year, things started to get back right. Started feeling more confident on the ankle and stuff. That was a big step. I’m ready to just keep going.”
What were the issues?
“High ankle sprain, strain on my Achilles tendon. Trying to turn a corner or bend, it was always aching. It’s a lot stronger now.”
Were the injuries your primary hindrance?
“Not just putting it on injuries. Just could have been a lot better in a lot more things. Basic stuff. Pad leverage. Technique. Bunch more stuff I could do better.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients