Reports: Kruger lands Wyoming transfer
Wyoming forward Amath M’Baye will transfer to Oklahoma to play for coach Lon Kruger, according to multiple media reports.
M’Baye, a 6-foot-9 forward who was the Cowboys second leading scorer, visited OU last weekend.
OUInsider.com reported the overseas product will sign with OU. According to CBS channel 5 in Wyoming, M’Baye posted “Boomer Sooner” on his Facebook page Sunday night. M’Baye also is no longer listed on Wyoming’s website roster.
M’Baye averaged 12.0 points and was Wyoming’s leading rebounder (5.7) last season. He shot 47.5 percent from the field and blocked 22 shots.
His name is pronounced A-MAUGT, M-buy. He was born in Senegal but grew up in France before coming to America, playing at Stonebridge (Calif.) Prep. He was on the Under 20 French national team that won a silver medal two years ago. He also played for the Africa Adidas national team.
Kruger is familiar with M’Baye, Wyoming being a Mountain West rival. UNLV swept the season series with Wyoming but M’Baye scored 23 points and grabbed seven rebounds in the rematch after posting 13 points and six rebounds the first game.
His freshman year M’Baye missed the first 10 games due to an NCAA ruling on his amateurism. He averaged 5.6 points and 3.2 rebounds and improved late in the season, averaging 7.5 points the final 11 games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7387Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6419Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6218UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients