OU freshman DT arrested
Oklahoma freshman defensive tackle Marquis Anderson was arrested on a complaint of petty larceny Saturday at the Dillard’s inside the Sooner Mall in Norman, according to a Norman Police spokeswoman.
Sgt. Jennifer Newell of the Norman Police Department said mall security caught the 18-year-old Anderson attempting to take clothing from the department store. Anderson was released at the scene after signing a citation with a promise to appear in Norman Municipal Court at a later date.
Petty larceny, which in Oklahoma is the theft of personal property of less than $500, is a misdemeanor charge, punishable by a fine of up to $500 and/or a jail sentence of up to six months.
Anderson, a graduate of Bryon P. Steele High School in Cibolo, Texas, enrolled at OU early this semester and went through spring practice. Rivals.com rated him the eighth-best defensive tackle in the nation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients