Corey Nelson, among college football’s rising stars
Tuesday, ESPN.com’s Bruce Feldman released his top 10 breakout players of the spring.
Sitting atop at No. 1?
Oklahoma linebacker Corey Nelson.
Writes Feldman: “The third-rated outside linebacker in the 2010 recruiting class, Nelson has physically matured and looks ready to team with OU star Travis Lewis at weakside linebacker to form a fierce tandem. Bob Stoops went so far as to note that Nelson was ‘the best player’ on the OU defense at times this spring. I suspect Stoops will find a way to make sure Nelson gets plenty of action on the field this fall.”
Last week, I wrote about the ways Stoops could to try and get Nelson playing time.
Most likely, it will be a combination of inserting Nelson in on passing downs to rush the quarterback, and possibly playing him at an outside linebacker in any of OU’s 3-4 packages.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3509Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3313Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3242Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients