RB Clendon Thomas to join College Football Hall of Fame
Former Oklahoma All-American running back Clendon Thomas will be named to the College Football Hall of Fame next week, Archie Manning, chairman of the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, revealed Saturday night during his keynote address at the “Sooner Spectacular.”
Thomas was a key cog in OU’s back-to-back national championships in 1955 and 1956. He led the nation in scoring in 1956 and was a consensus All-American in 1957. Thomas was also a prolific defensive back.
He played 11 seasons in the NFL, four with the St. Louis Rams and seven with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients