Former Sooner Brandon Everage missing after falling in lake
More tragic news appears to have hit the Sooner community.
The same day Oklahoma linebacker Austin Box was memorialized at his funeral in Enid, former All-American safety Brandon Everage may have drowned in his hometown of Granger, Texas, according to multiple former OU players.
Everage fell off a boat and never resurfaced.
No official confirmation has been made, but several “RIP” messages were sent out via social media Saturday morning by people claiming to be family members.
Everage played safety at OU from 1999-2003 and was a member of the 2000 national championship team. He was an All-American in 2002, and is regarded as one of the hardest hitters to play in the Bob Stoops era.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients