OU snags commitment from No. 32 player in country
The Sooners picked up a huge high-profile commitment Wednesday in St. Louis wide receiver Durron Neal, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.
Neal is rated the 32nd overall prospect in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.com
The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder accounted for 1,914 total yards and 31 touchdowns while playing wide receiver, quarterback, running back, cornerback, safety and returning punts and kickoffs for DeSmet High School.
He has already accepted an invitation to play in the 2012 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio.
Neal had racked up more than 20 scholarship offers, including Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Oregon State, USC and Wisconsin.
The Sooners now have eight commitments for the class of 2012.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients