Sooner Schooner advances in NCAA Football 12 traditions contest
The Sooner’s official mascot, Sooner Schooner, is one of the eight finalists left in EA SPORTS NCAA Football 12 college football traditions voting competition at ESPN.com/sportsnation.
Last week the Sooners faced Texas’ Bevo and Big Bertha in video game version of the Red River Rivalry and won with 61 percent of the vote compared to Texas’ 39 percent. The tournament is bracket-style and started with 16 teams with well-known pre-game traditions.
The voting for the quarterfinal round ends on Monday, June 27 and Oklahoma will be facing off with former Big 12 rival Nebraska Cornhuskers and their Tunnel Walk.
The announcement of the winner will be held every Tuesday on ESPN’s “SportsNation” at 4 p.m. EST on ESPN2 and the school voted with the best tradition will be announced Tuesday, July 12, NCAA Football 12’s release date.
Vote at ESPN.com/sportsnation if you would like to see Sooner Schooner crowned champion.
The final eight are listed below:
· Notre Dame “Play Like a Champion” (1) vs. Georgia Uga (8)
· LSU Mike the Tiger (12) vs. Florida State Chief Osceola/Renegade (4)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients