Sooner Schooner beats Bevo
The Oklahoma Sooners beat the Texas Longhorns again. This time off the field in a battle of mascots.
OU’s Sooner Schooner defeated Texas’ Bevo 61 percent to 39 percent in voting as part of a promotion for EA Sports NCAA Football 12 college football video game.
The Sooner Schooner is one of eight finalists voted on each week at ESPN.com/sportsnation. The Sooner Schooner is matched this week against Nebraska’s Tunnel Walk. Voting in the Elite Eight round continues until Monday.
Every Tuesday ESPN’s “Sports Nation” announces football traditions that have advanced in the bracket competition, the overall winner to be revealed live on July 12, the day EA Sports releases NCAA Football 12 video game.
The other six college football traditions, and the Elite Eight matchups, include:
Notre Dame’s “Play Like a Champion” versus Georgia’s Uga.
Michigan’s “Go Blue” versus Clemson’s Howard’s Rock.
LSU’s “Mike the Tigers” versus Florida State chief Osceola/Renegade.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3625Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3377Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3147Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients