Big 12 media appetizer
Thoughts on the eve of Big 12 Media Days in Dallas, the unofficial start to college football.
* Look for OU coach Bob Stoops, QB Landry Jones, WR receiver Ryan Broyles and LB Travis Lewis to be swamped with interviews on Tuesday? Why? The Sooners, the overwhelming preseason pick to win the Big 12, are the only marquee school on Tuesday’s docket. The other four schools — Texas Tech, Kansas State, Iowa State and Kansas — were picked at the bottom (7-8-9-10) in the media’s preseason poll released last week.
However, Monday should be a highly entertaining day with Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas, Missouri and Baylor. There are a ton of great story lines from those five schools. Couldn’t they have flip-flopped and moved either A&M or Missouri, possibly both, to Tuesday?
* How many times will Texas coach Mack Brown be asked about his quarterback? Let’s set the over/under at 21. Brown starts his day at 10 a.m. with national TV reporters followed by regional TV stations, radio row, a brief session with the print media, Big12Sports.com and then has another session with national TV reporters before ending his day with a one-hour session with newspaper writers late in the afternoon.
* Most schools are bringing three players to Dallas. A&M is bringing five — QB Ryan Tannehill, RB Cyrus Gray, WR Jeff Fuller, DE Tony Jerod-Eddie and FS Trent Hunter. Probably had to one-up arch rival Texas. The Longhorns are bringing four. The other eight schools are bringing three players.
* The Longhorns aren’t bringing QB Garrett Gilbert to Dallas. Reminds you of the day Brown said, “Let me answer that for Chris,” following a loss to OU in the Cotton Bowl. It’s probably the safe move. But if Gilbert truly is going to be the guy Brown lives and dies with Gilbert should be in Dallas to answer his critics.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20574Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17211OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14998Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9907Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9532Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8184Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7905Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7139Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6217Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 5869Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients