Poll: Which OU running back will get the most carries in 2011?
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops talked at length Tuesday at the Big 12 Media Days in Dallas about replacing standout running back DeMarco Murray. Murray, who rushed for 3,685 yards and scored 65 touchdowns in his OU career, was a workhouse, carrying the ball 282 times in 2010. Stoops said the Sooners will go with running back by committee in 2011:
DeMarco, being a fifth-year senior, big, strong guy, could do so much, you don’t replace him — or we have to really replace him by committee… And last year we snapped the ball more than anybody in the country. So there’s a lot of snaps there. And I don’t see any of these guys have the physical presence at this point and maturity to play 45, 50 snaps like DeMarco could.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients