Video: Former Michigan recruit Kellen Jones joins Sooners
“We are excited to add Kellen to our program,” coach Bob Stoops said. “Obviously he’s in a learning phase right now, but he has very good physical skill and is someone who can contribute to our program.”
Kellen Jones, a four-star linebacker recruit from Houston who signed with Michigan in February, has enrolled at Oklahoma.
The 6-1, 225-pound outside linebacker out of Houston’s St. Pius X High School was recruited by Arkansas, Illinois, Miami, Missouri and Stanford, among others.
It’s unclear why Jones left Michigan but new Wolverine coach Brady Hoke told reporters at Big 10 Media Days that “he’s just not enrolled at the school.”
Whether Jones is eligible in 2011 is also unclear, but he’s been added to the roster on SoonerSports.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5124Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5057Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4620UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients