Ronnell Lewis’ status still uncertain for Sooners
OU coaches still haven’t announced whether defensive end Ronnell Lewis passed classes this summer to be eligible for the upcoming season.
Defensive coordinator Brent Venables was asked why it’s taken so long since summer classes ended nearly two weeks ago.
“I’m not the guy to ask,” Venables said. “I’ll coach whoever lines up there in practice.”
Internet message boards were active when Lewis wasn’t show in video the school posted from Tuesday’s practice but Venables said Lewis is still practicing with the team.
“He’s looked great,” Venables said. “He’s looked really good, really good.”
If Lewis is unable to play, David King moves into the starting lineup.
“Everybody gets the same amount of reps in practice,” Venables said. “It’s not like (Lewis) gets 80 percent and the next guy gets 20 (percent). We have two practices going every day. We have 1’s going against 3’s and have the 2’s going against 4’s.”
That changes once the Sooners are finished with two-a-days at the end of this week.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients