Brace yourselves, Aggies
CAMPUS CORNER — My friend at the Gainesville Sun, longtime Gators writer and columnist Pat Dooley, has presupposed that Texas A&M will join the SEC in this column.
What, then, do the Aggies have to look forward to with that transition? Much has changed since the league last extended invites, to Arkansas and South Carolina in 1991.
Pat isn’t afraid to illustrate even the realistic downsides to the SEC, as much as it has going for it. (He’s also a little too high on Calhoun’s in Knoxville, an on-the-river establishment, but a lot of people seem to make this mistake. It’s forgivable.)
Some rumbled this morning on the Twitters that perhaps A&M/SEC will make an announcement Friday – the same day the Longhorn Network launches. Wouldn’t that be something?
Reality: The sooner the SEC and A&M make their final decision, the sooner the Big 12 can determine its countermove(s). Hopefully Dan Beebe‘s wheels are already in motion.
firstname.lastname@example.org – @TravHaney
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients