Handicapping the Big 12: What’re the odds?
CAMPUS CORNER — With the season rapidly approaching, odds are beginning to trickle out for conferences around the country. That includes the Big 12, which will not feature division odds this season for obvious reasons.
Oklahoma is an overwhelming favorite, as you’d expect. The Sooners start, according to Bodog, with 4-9 odds to win the league. That’s right; you’d lose money by betting on the Sooners (mind you, this is all for recreational and informational purposes).
Texas A&M is next, at 5-1 odds. Texas follows the Aggies at 13-2 – surprising, certainly to me, considering Oklahoma State is listed at 9-1. How is that not higher? (If I’m handicapping, I’d have the Pokes somewhere closer to A&M. Remember, this is just one service’s thoughts.)
Rest of the league: Missouri 14-1; Baylor 18-1; Texas Tech 20-1; Kansas State 35-1; Iowa State 100-1; Kansas 150-1.
150-1?? Ouch. Sorry, Coach Gill.
Here’s a little game we can play. Assuming you like Oklahoma as your favorite, who would you pair the Sooners with in an exacta or trifecta? (I am reflecting on my days at Keeneland in Lexington for this strategy.) So, in other words, give me your 1-2-3 finish in the league.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients