What’s Stills’ status for opener?
CAMPUS CORNER — People have wondered all summer whether receiver Kenny Stills‘ January DUI arrest would cost him part or all of Saturday’s opener against Tulsa.
We’re still wondering, though that will become clear in the following days – and, well, certainly by Saturday.
Stills seemed to indicate this morning the outcome wouldn’t be a positive one for him.
Three tweets this morning …
@KSTiLLS4: Gunna be a tough week for me …
@KSTiLLS4: (to punter) @Tressway36 you know I’m Gunna prepare just like I was getting after it on Saturday (Tress Way said: Come on man you bring too much energy!)
@KSTiLLS4: You learn from your mistakes but it’s rough when you already knew better
So, those things do not make it sound as if Stills, who was still listed as the starter at No. 2 receiver on OU’s latest depth chart released this morning, will play. He was a valuable part of last year’s team, as a freshman. Stills started all 14 games and caught 61 passes for 786 yards and five TDs last season.
Linebacker Tony Jefferson was arrested when Stills was, for interference with an arrest. Jefferson indicated Friday on Twitter that he would not be suspended for his arrest for a different offense.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8358Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4994Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4806OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients