Boomer in mascot competition
Capital One is staging a unique contest this football season. It’s almost like a fantasy league for college mascots.
The company has selected 16 mascots that will compete each week. Standings will be kept. The top mascots in the final standings after 12 “games,” will advance to the playoffs. The eventual winning mascot will be honored at the Capital One Bowl.
Winners each week are determined by fan voting. The mascot with the most votes wins its matchup that week.
The Sooners’ horse mascot, “Boomer,” is one of 16 mascots in the competition. In Boomer’s season opener it currently trails TCU’s Superfrog 5,310 votes to 2,194.
Next week Boomer is matched against Oregon’s “Duck.” In Week 3 Boomer faces Georgia’s “Hairy Dawg.” In Week 4, Boomer meets Oregon State’s “Benny Beaver.” There will be a matchup each of the first 12 weeks before the playoffs.
Other schools in the competition include: Arizona, Auburn, Maryland, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Michigan State, LSU, Nevada, Old Dominion and Western Kentucky.
Fans can monitor the standings and vote each week at www.CapitalOneBowl.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients