Former Sooners backs landing elsewhere
(Update: Yes. Thank you, Douglas. Calhoun went to San Angelo, in Texas.)
CAMPUS CORNER — As he said he would months ago on Twitter, former Oklahoma running back Jonathon Miller has enrolled at Illinois State.
Now that we’re fairly sure it’s “Jonathon” and not “Jonathan,” as OU referred to him as for two years, I thought the Texas native’s comment was fairly interesting.
“It was just time for me to move on,” Miller said. “Oklahoma is stacked with talent. I had injuries my whole three years there, and that played a role.”
I’m not sure how to take that. Is Miller implying he isn’t talented enough to play at OU? Because he did receive carries in the opener against Tulsa. And he probably would have gotten a lot more if he’d stuck around. Anyway …
Miller was one of three OU backs to leave during the 2011 season. Highly considered freshman Brandon Williams transferred to Texas A&M to be closer to family. Oft-injured Jermie Calhoun left early in the season. I believe he is enrolling somewhere in Texas — Sam Houston, maybe? — but I’ll have to keep digging to recall exactly.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5774Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5631Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients