Survey: OU fans root for OSU, too; Apparently he’s not in the 45 percent
Remember that survey that showed 45 percent of Oklahoma Sooners fans root for Oklahoma State, too? Remember, the phone survey was of 650 ADULTS. Apparently whomever bought this lad the shirt was not among them.
I got some flack for being surprised by that statistic, but not from all corners. A couple OU Gameday veterans estimated 60 percent of the crowd routinely cheers when a score update with OSU trailing or losing is announced. Our man Berry Tramel insists that’s overstated, saying they may be louder by they’re not more numerous.
– Mike Sherman, Sports Editor
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients