Pac-12′s Larry Scott addresses conference expansion
Speaking before Oregon and LSU’s game tonight at Cowboys Stadium, Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said he was open to adding teams to his conference but that his conference isn’t looking to steal teams away.
“Any suggestion whatsoever that out conference is being predatory, that’s just wrong,” Scott said, according to The Associated Press. “We have not had expansion as an initiative, as an agenda for us at all. So to the extent, if there were any conversations going on, you can be sure they’re not the ones we initiated.”
OU president David Boren said Friday that the Sooners weren’t going to be a “wallflower” when it comes to conference realignment.
Scott would not comment on any specific schools that have reached out to the conference.
At the OSU game tonight, Cowboys booster Boone Pickens addressed the conference situation: OSU booster Boone Pickens: We’re looking for another team or we’re moving west
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients