Updated: Mike Stoops’ contract details
CAMPUS CORNER — Let’s just start over.
I cited a report earlier today that said Mike Stoops would make $245,000 a year as OU’s new defensive coordinator. It seemed way low, but I thought it might have had something to do with his Arizona buyout.
It didn’t. Turns out that was the base salary, and the reporter neglected to add the personal services/fundraising portion.
Splashing in that measly $355,000, Stoops will make $600,000 in 2012.
Yeah, that sounds more like it. I apologize for running with the wrong info while I worked on the Tim Kish story.
It’s a three-year deal. If Stoops stays for the 2013 season, he will earn a $50,000 bonus. He’ll receive another $50K the next year, if he stays.
That takes the total value of the contract to $1.9 million, or $633,333 a year.
One more incentive-based bonus: Stoops is also eligible for another $60K, should OU win a national championship.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients