Pledger collects Big 12 honor
Oklahoma junior guard Steven Pledger has been named the Big 12 Player of the Week after scoring 30 points in a 63-60 win at then No. 22 ranked Kansas State.
For the week, Pledger averaged 23.5 points and 5.5 rebounds, including a loss to No. 6 Baylor.
Pledger, among the league scoring leaders, averaging 17.8 points a game, shot 56.3 percent in OU’s two games last week. He’s had six games with 20 or more points this season after having just three 20-point games his first two seasons.
One of the top 10 free throw shooters in the country, Pledger is 24-of-24 at the line in conference play and has missed only six free throws all season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients